Les Deux Alpes officially opens for the summer season on June 22nd this year. The schedule is full of both sporting and cultural events, and there is always plenty to do in between.
The warmer months show another side to the resort when adrenaline sports co-exist with more relaxing pastimes in a beautiful Alpine setting. Unlike the winter, when the choice is between skiing and snowboarding, summer brings a huge range of outdoor sports to Les Deux Alpes.
You can still ski or snowboard, but you can also mountain bike, trail run, rock climb, go horse riding or paraglide. Hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails lead out of the village and there is a via ferrata route a short walk away. The gondola ride to Venosc gives access to water sports including kayaking and white-water rafting.
Other sports on offer range from golf to tennis, swimming to football. There are plenty of more or less adventurous activities too, such as paintball, summer luge, farm visits, museums, crazy golf or a nature walk.
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Latest gear - Mountain running equipment 2019
- Watch Perseids Meteors 2019 in Les 2 Alpes
- 8 reasons to book your 2019/20 ski trip to Les 2 Alpes early
- Latest gear - Camping equipment summer 2019
- Cooling down in 2 Alpes summer 2019
- 6 reasons why Les 2 Alpes is great in summer 2019