Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By continuing to use our sites you consent to the collection, storage, processing and use of your personal data in accordance with this policy.
This policy applies to our sites and to news and/or weather alerts that you may subscribe to through any of our sites.
We will process the personal data that we collect from you or that you provide to us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 (the Act). For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Powder Blue Limited of Bridgetts Farm Offices, Bridgetts Lane, Martyr Worthy, Winchester, Hampshire SO21 1AR, United Kingdom.
Personal data means information that relates to a living individual who can be identified from that information or from that information together with other information which is held by or likely to be held by us (personal data).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you:
- by filling in enquiry forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our sites, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our sites; and
- when you provide information to us for the purpose of subscribing to and to news and/or weather alerts through any of our sites.
The information you give us may include (but not be limited to) your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to contact us.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on our sites. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies and Service Providers) and may receive information about you from them. We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to contact you:
- where you have requested that we do so or to respond to communications you have sent us; and
- where it is necessary to notify you about changes or updates to our service.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and, where you have given your consent, to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to show or, where you have given your consent, send suggestions, offers and recommendations to you and other users of our sites on our sites, in mobile apps or on third party websites including social media sites. These might be offers that you can book directly on our sites or third party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006 in accordance with this policy and for the purposes set out above.
We may share your information with selected third parties to process your information on our behalf including:
- Business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and Service Providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Powder Blue Limited or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Powder Blue Limited, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we Store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (at the time of collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us here.
Our sites contain links to and from the websites of third parties and our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.