Walk through a 200m gallery to access a magical network of rooms carved out 20 metres below the surface of the snow, deep inside the glacier.
The caves in Les 2 Alpes are a true trip back to the ice age as ethereal ice sculptures of dinosaurs and an impressive 6m long and 10m wide mammoth have been hewn into the ice of the Roche-Mantel glacier and lit to create a strange and fascinating journey through time. Dug with no other tools than ice picks, the cave is made up of eight grottos, three rooms and the 200m gallery. It takes five months to create in total.
Visit the website or ask at the tourist office for this season's prices and opening times. The caves are usually open at the same hours and periods as the lifts. Tickets available at the ski pass offices, as well as online and at the tourist office.
- Ice Grotto
- Indoor Activities
- Open Seasons
- Les Deux Alpes
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Les Deux Alpes Dump Alert - 27th February 2020
- Blue skies & snow on the horizon in Les Deux Alpes
- Les Deux Alpes Dump Alert - 14th February 2020
- Changeable weather in Les Deux Alpes this week
- Le Deux Alpes Dump Alert - 5th February 2020
- Les Deux Alpes in February 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do