This winter, Les Deux Alpes opens its doors to skiers on Saturday, November 30th. Conditions are looking good with plenty of snow on the mountains and in the town. Two big new ski lifts are in place – the eight-seater chairlift on Les Crêtes is ready to go and the Pierre-Grosse high-speed gondola will provide an alternative route to the glacier.
Early season skiing is a great way to beat the crowds. December before the Christmas holidays is one of the quietest times of the year. You can expect cold, crisp weather and short queues. Off the slopes, there will be plenty of entertainment in the form of opening parties and the annual Rise Festival.
We’ll cover the first three weeks of the season here. Watch out for our forthcoming article on the Christmas and New Year festivities in Les Deux Alpes
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Bluebird powder days to kick off season 2019/20 in Les Deux Alpes
- Lots of snow for the season opening in Les Deux Alpes
- Les Deux Alpes in December 2019 – What weather to expect & what to do
- Ready for Les Deux Alpes winter 2019/20 opening?
- Les Deux Alpes Dump Alert - 8th November 2019
- What's new in Les Deux Alpes winter 2019/20