For two weeks at the start of December, you are likely to see some of the most valuable and talented dogs around on the slopes of 2 Alpes.
The National Association for the Study of Snow and Avalanche (ANENA) will bring mountain professionals to the top of 2 Alpes. During the two weeks, around 20 pairs (master and dog), coming from all over France (Isere, Maritime Alps, Pyrenees, Savoie, Hautes Alpes) and also from Spain and Andorra, will be in 2 Alpes to train and prepare for their certificate that will qualify them as an avalanche rescue dog.
German Shepherds, Malinois, Border Collies, Australian Shepherds and Golden Retrievers will all be there to show you what they can do! The Dog Handler profession is more than a job, it is a passion and above all, a full-time job.
According to ANENA, an avalanche dog team is involved in 65% of accidents in winter sports resorts. 2 Alpes ski resort has three ski patrol dog handlers.
More Les 2 Alpes Insights...
- Fresh tracks to be had in Les Deux Alpes
- Les Deux Alpes Dump Alert - 18th January 2020
- Sunny skiing in Les Deux Alpes
- Quiet, perfectly groomed pistes in Les Deux Alpes
- Happy New Year from Les 2 Alpes!
- Les Deux Alpes in January 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do