Grenoble airport is centrally located in the Rhône-Alpes and provides access to many of the major French ski resorts; it is most handy for the Southern Alps resorts of Alpe d’Huez and Les Deux Alpes, which can be reached by car in around 1h45.
Although it's quite a long way outside Grenoble it scores plus points because flights from other airports are often diverted here as it rarely suffers from poor weather conditions.
- Airport Code: GNB
- Distance from Grenoble city centre: 65km
- Number of terminals: 1
- Number of runways: 3
- Accepted Currency: Euros (€)
- Information Desk: There is an Information Desk inside the terminal; they can help with calling taxis, looking for lost property and general assistance.
Travel & Transport:
- Parking: The car park is easily located just opposite the terminal. With space for 500 cars, stays of less than an hour are free of charge. Long-term parking is reasonably priced and annual parking passes are also available. Please see here for prices.
- Car Hire: Cars can be hired from Avis, Europcar, National Citer and Hertz at the offices in the car park.
- Coaches: Coach tickets can be bought at the desk opposite Baggage Claim, look out for the ‘Transfers’ sign.
- Travelling to Les Deux Alpes: The most common methods of getting from Grenoble Airport to Les Deux Alpes are by transfer bus or hire car. Please read our article on Travelling Between the Airport & Les Deux Alpes to find out more.
- Railway Station: There is no direct railway link from Grenoble Airport. There is a regular shuttle bus that runs between the airport and the city centre railway station; the company is Transisère and the fare is normally around €4 each way. Tickets can be bought on the bus itself or at the coach station in Grenoble. The latest timetables can be found on the Transisère website, please see our Bus & Coach listings for details.
- Airlines: Ryanair, easyJet, and Transavia all fly in and out of Grenoble regularly. To find a full list of all destinations served by these airlines please see here. Please note that the cheapest airline to fly into may not always be the most economical overall; it is always worth researching how much your Airport Transfer will cost before you book your bargain flight!
Services & Facilities:
- Restaurants, Bars & Takeaways: Grenoble Airport has just 1 restaurant and this is on the public side of the terminal, please note that there are no food/drink facilities other than a drinks vending machine in the departure lounge.
- Shops: The airport shops consist of 2 duty-free shops, 2 Relay shops (newsagents), 1 multistore and a clothes shop selling sports clothes and fashions.
- Conference Rooms: Grenoble Airport has a special VIP Business Centre, which offers meeting rooms and lounges for hire. There is also a private VIP arrivals and departures lounge.
- Internet Access:
- Cash & Currency: You can withdraw cash (Euros) from ATMs throughout the airport; unfortunately there is no bureau de change.
Luggage / Animals
- Left Luggage: There is no left luggage facility at Grenoble airport.
- Lost Luggage: There is a lost and found service at the Information Desk. Luggage that has been lost in transit should be reported to your airline and to the baggage handlers.
- Animals: The general policy for animals is that those weighing under 5kg and carried in a bag (à la Paris Hilton’s Chihuahua) can travel in the cabin. Animals weighing more than 5kg should travel in a cage in the hold. All arrangements should be made in advance and you should contact your airline to clarify what their individual policy is.
Address: Saint Etienne de Saint Geoirs 38590 France
What You Say: